Saturday, June 18, 2011

Introduction

My name is Jordan Betz. I fall as a middle child in the family of five, currently situated in Salt Lake City, Utah. I have played football and miscellaneous sports since I could walk; and have continued to go onto play football since graduating high school in 2008. I transferred from Snow College, where I met my fiance, to play for TAMU-C in the spring of 2011. I am looking forward to heading back to school in the fall with my new wife and a new season ahead of me.

I have seen first hand how technology implemented in the classroom can improve a student's learning experience. My vision of technology stems from this. I envision our learning modules, simulations, and models continuing to improve. Students will have the opportunity to approach subjects at a whole new level, ultimately providing a better understanding. I believe with technology, our networking will expand. Classrooms will have the opportunity to converse with other students and professors from diverse walks of life. We will be able to raise our discussions and express findings, ideas, and opinions at a new standard. Technology has the power to provide education to all. Individuals without the means or location to learn are able to take in education yet. It is now possible to participate in classes from a classroom states, or even continents away.

My fundamental goal of this class is to understand the various means of implementing technology into the education system. I want to learn numerous new and developing approaches to expressing ideas to those I am teaching. I hope that the difference in learning styles will no longer be a barrier in my classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment